17 December 2013

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Part I

Of the two times I was in Philly, it was sunny on all three days. The most recent trip was there and back on Sunday for the College Cup Championship in Division I NCAA men's soccer. My boys from Maryland lost 2-1 to Notre Dame. At the end of it all, I at least got to shake Saso Cirovski's hand. The Maryland coach was appreciative of my support of our Macedonian heritage as a held my flag for most of the celebration after the loss to remember the sun is always shining. As he walked by to greet others in the fan section following ND raising the trophy, I said "Napred Maryland, Makedoncite sa so tebe" (Onward Maryland, the Macedonians are with you) as he approached me at the front of the barricade in the stands. He said back "I love it, I really appreciate it." as he reached to shake my hand. It was upon that moment that sport has united the present and future of the sport industry. And with that, I had to leave to avidly go home.

My time in the city was great, but the travel was questionable. I will go in detail with that on Thursday. But in the city, I took the subway to the stadiums straight from Amtrak and even managed to do a little shopping at Citizens Bank Park where not only was I able to find tchotchkes for gifts, but I found what you should find in every team store, you'll see those on Thursday as well.























I've bombarded you with enough for now, while there are more pictures from the aforementioned soccer game, those will be featured tomorrow in addition to one concept from Caden and another from Alan. That should do for now.

-Ricky



No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.