24 November 2013

Sabres, Sabres, and Not More Sabres

For those curious enough to ask, the Sabres third jersey will be worn this season. In fact the first appearance is tonight against the division rival Red Wings. Even though they will look bad while playing bad, I think the Sabres could win. I hate going 0-for because you can never say, not even for a single game, that you were undefeated. Particularly this is the case with one time things like when a jersey is introduced for the first time you only get to wear it for the first time on the ice once kind of thing.




As I've mentioned before somewhere, I'm not a fan of this template. However, the set looks alright based solely on design and not the template. A gray jersey seems out of place, but the Sabres might be one of those teams that could pull it off both then and now - but I did want to see the gold first which they failed at not terribly but definitely below my expectations. Caden makes a respectable throwback with a good touch of retro-modern that is to say old yokes and striping with current version of the logo.


Novotony er I mean no TV anek or rather not Vanek. There we go, rather Matt Moulson's number. But seriously, I first mistook the name for former Sabre Jiri Novotony. Though I like the modern, I wouldn't use the crest logo provided here. If I've said it once, I've said it many times - I'm still not used to Jake88 not coloring in his gloves with multiple colors around the fingers. The numbers are okay, but I'm not thrilled by the striping.

All in a day's work. Some real stuff is about to go down. You'll find out more tomorrow.

-Ricky

4 comments:

Jake88 said...

The reason I did the gloves that way is because that's how the Sabres regular gloves are.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt1-NRo_1m_4CqYsHlOcwQarb4FeeK6YqnKpH8hL_zczQjIYGTmA

Richard Mazella said...

Fair enough

Unknown said...

What happend to the "real stuff going down"? I'm courious!

Richard Mazella said...

The post had reset itself . . .

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.