12 May 2016

When the Saints Came Marching In: Southampton Style

While there might be a St. Kilda Aussie rules jumper I may warm up to, I have a two-fold reason as to liking the one of a particular Southampton FC change kit from the 95-969 Premier League season. First is that I just flat out think it is one of the best jerseys in the history of British soccer (let alone in the club's history though it isn't their primary colors) and second that it was during this season which I began to discover Arsenal FC, courtesy of the player who scored his first Arsenal goal against Saints (like three others before him) by the name of one Dennis Bergkamp. However this wan't the only jersey arrival.

Notice the checks woven into the fabric
(one of the best things about 90s Premier League jerseys).

Today, I happened to see what kind of deals might be at the Sabres Store inside of First Niagara Center only to discover that just the usual 10% off your entire purchase by using a First Niagara credit card. So that meant no end of season sales. I was curious which of the three Anaheim Ducks jerseys were re-stocked on the opposing team jersey section usually it was a mass quantity of three to five of one in various size with one of the other two to accompany it. Today it was only the home blacks (other times it was the orange alternates), so I did my due diligence and (finally) took it home with me.


The Southampton kit is just another example of the jersey diversity in the locker room in regards to the franchise it represents, of which we are currently two away from double digits and the third different sport among those eight. I am expecting one more early next week, so that will certainly be up here when it appears in the mail. Until then, you'll just have to guess.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.