08 February 2014

HCI: Post XI

*** The following is my post from a different site, please visit hockeyconceptideas.blogspot.com for the article. ***

Friday: Lonely Before Sochi, Off to the MassMutual Center

Well the Olympics are upon us with the doubles ice dancing and some snowboarding events (the new ones) yesterday as well as the opening ceremony tonight (go Macedonia, not that they'll do very much if anything). And hockey starts soon, doesn't it? Of course it does, certainly something to look forward to - just like today's lone concept.


A pretty likeable Wings concept from K14 here. The logo itself is a staple, but the jerseys are getting stale. This doesn't get complicated, but brings something anew to the Motor City team. The striping patter is the more noticeable of the two changes the other is the location of the captain's emblem now on the side opposite the normal placement with a font overhaul to boot. Well done! Even though it is the only pic I had, I feel I would've given this my writer's pick nomination anyway.

That sums up another Friday with me here at HCI. The unusual thing is that there is only one concept today. That means we encourage you to (hopefully) submit in droves! We would be honored to review your work. In the meantime, I will be going to an AHL bout tonight with the first of a home-and-home here in Springfield, the Falcons will play the Crunch tonight then in Syracuse tomorrow for the only two meetings among them this season. I'll be rooting for the former Ducks affiliate though I don't hate the Falcons either, until later.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.