29 June 2013

HJC Post VII

*** The following is my post from a different site, please visit www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com for the article. ***

Friday: It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Friday

While I am still disgusted over how bad the AHL Finals game I went to in Syracuse was, I have been working on a project I would like to display here soon, but it is also a ways away. In the meantime I'm still posting here and at BNG (which has been slow) and I welcomed a new blog promoting school spirit on my campus this week. Today, twelve concepts to amaze you with along with one Madmen entry. Your reminders are also listed below.

COTW June 17-23 vote (ends tonight @ 11:59pm Eastern time)
Logo Comp Top 2 voting (ends tonight @ 11:59pm Eastern time)
"Madmen" entries due (tomorrow @ 11:59pm Eastern time)

--------------------------------------------------------

Madmen Entry:
Derek H.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Stars (Stephen T.)


This would be a good way not to use gold beyond the logo. The white uniforms are fantastic, the black uniform needs only one thing color reversal. In this case,  that means striping as I feel the primary stripe should be green and surrounded in white or keep the primary stripe white, switch the inside black to green and switch the outside to white. However, taking the latter suggestion may require you to adopt the same  pattern for the road whites. The Nike SWIFT template make this team look a little more elegant, gracing with style an 8.5 out of 10.

US National Hockey Team (Gerard)

Gerard has given us what appears to be the start of an international series with two of those today. This one is pretty good, except I don't know that this script is the best one of theirs to use for this jersey design, while it make more sense then the old glory logo. That one would be overkill but this one is too bland it appears to me. A 9 out of 10.

Hamilton Tigers (Bobby P.)


In his Ideal NHL series, Bobby is also taking teams from the past - which I think it's great that he isn't limiting himself to just current teams. This one is spot on except I think I would like to see the helmets reversed or just black (to match the pants). I find it interesting that Steven Stamkos plays for them. Clawing out a 9.5 out of 10.

Idaho Steelheads (Mike S.)


I like this one, it could even pass for the Minnesota Timberwolves if someone did an NBA crossover. Nothing overly exciting, nothing at all terrible either. Welding together an 8 out of 10.

Tampereen Ilves (Jake88)


Continuing with his SM-liiga series, Jake 88 provides us with an interesting striping pattern, similar to ones we've seen on Carolina Hurricane jerseys. He makes it work here and will you look at that funky design on the gloves. An 8.5 out of 10.

Regina Pats (Dylan W.)


Dylan  sticks with the WHL and this one doesn't completely excite me the extra swoosh from the s on the logo make it appear larger than it is. In fact, it almost looks like a wannabe New England Patriots copycat. That grainy blue is back but it looks better, maybe the red is complimenting it better. The NOB and TV numbers are good, but the main numbers are a tad large. The striping is fantastic! An 8 out of 10.

Manchester United FC (Pajo94)


Okay, the logos are over-sized especially with their proximity to the hem striping. I wouldn't recommend using this font, or for that matter, any general computer fonts for the NOB and numbers. And knowing Premier League football the way I do, I'm curious about the alternate as it looks to be more an Aston Villa shirt because of the yoke and middle stripes on the sleeves. The rest of it I get. A 7 out of 10 here.

2014 Stadium Series (Tristan P.)


While I continue to figure out the best way to name individual stadium series concepts, this one has been a common match-up. I understand the reasoning for the color of the Rangers gloves, but it's unnecessary. In fact I have always preferred this shade of blue better than that of the current shade. For the Isles I might reverse the order of the orange and white; else-wise, I'm happy with it. An 8 out of 10.

Tampa Bay Lightning Saturday Night Classic (Jets96)


I have always liked the number font and gusset striping and you can't go wrong with the bolt on the pants.While I'm not fond of the blue cuffs or white part of the sleeves with matching hem design, this one still turned out to be alright. The blue, white, and sliver don't look good on the socks in that orientation either. Perhaps we could also see a blue yoke with a white outline. Just thoughts. Lightning struck with an 8 out of 10.

Lethbridge Hurricanes (Dylan W.)


The team in Lethbridge has disappointed me with their new logo. While it has improved in modernness, it lacks everything else and quite frankly, I detest it with a passion. However, Dylan has turned a negative into a positive by implementing the logo in the striping which embraces the futuristic look. I never have liked numbers being that close to hem striping, but this one is actually where it should be as it is the hem striping that alters appearance. An 8.5 out of 10.

Seattle Metropolitans (Bobby P.)

Here Bobby gives the Metros a new look leaving the traditional tricolor hoops in compliance with generic modern jersey ideas (say the 70s-90s).This one is good but I think a yoke could be needed to break up the green on said colored jersey.red with white outline perhaps. An 8.5 out of 10.

Lahden Pelicans (Jake88)


Another in Jake88's SM-liiga series. As I mentioned, I am not generally fond of such fonts, however it is appropriate as it matches the logo script quite well. I'm even okay with the piping because it adds to the colored jersey. The gold seems out of place, but there is so little of it that it only becomes a minor concern. An 8 out of 10.

Sweden National Hockey Team (Gerard)

We all know that the three crowns are a must when a Sweden concept comes about. My only question here is why the hem and arm stripes don't match. I prefer the triple yellow and would like to see them transferred onto the pants and socks. I'm still undecided if the blue jerseys should use a yellow or blue helmet (leaning towards yellow). An 8.5 out of 10.

--------------------------------------------------------

Well, I would like to accomplish more to send in for you to dissect but me refereeing in Niagara Falls this weekend prevents me from doing so. Keep your eyes peeled for them if and when they show up. Enjoy your weekend!

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.