22 June 2013

HJC Post VI

*** The following is my post from a different site, please visit www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com for the article. ***

Friday: We'll Need At Least Six Games

Summer is finally upon us, a sign that hockey season is coming to an end if the season hasn't yet ended (as is the case this year). With an increased workload coming in for my posts here it has become a more planned out process. It's been a great Finals series so far and game five may dictate the remainder of the series regardless if we go back to Chicago for game seven or not. One thing I'd like to not. Congrats to Gerard, who is guaranteed a CotW vote by being the only person to have concepts for this week.

--------------------------------------------------------

As per the usual, I present your reminders below:

COTW June 10-16 vote (ends tonight @ 11:59pm EDT)
Logo Concept Comp entries (due tonight @ 11:59pm EDT)

--------------------------------------------------------

Logo Competition Entries:

Danny R.


Derek H.


--------------------------------------------------------

Fort Wayne Komets (Mike S.)


A league and team I haven't really gotten to cover here yet, I don't see many issues here. The only thing I suggest is to use the same striping size on the pants it doesn't have to be the same pattern necessarily, but I would like to see at least two more stripes. I made a wish for an 8 out of 10.

Buffalo Sabres (Timmy Q.)


I have seen my fair share of goat head jerseys in Buffalo, but this one is rather interesting. While Timmy's execution has improved, there are still some things that could be better. The NOB and number is too spaced and too far down the back, there also aren't any TV numbers. Aside from execution, I don't think a yoke outline is necessary on the road white.Particularly on the same jersey, the choice of outline is a good finish. I got the horns, but didn't get gored - 6.5 out of 10.

Florida St. Univ. (Alex J.)
I don't know what the hem strip is exactly supposed to resemble, but I'm cool with it. However, the sleeves don't match the hem and pants. The logo is a smidge over sized compared to its proximity to the top part of the hem stripe. Else-wise, I'm a fan of this idea. 8 out of 10.

Philadelphia Flyers (Stephen T.)


This is sort of different for the Broad Street Bunch and I think this might work better. An orange alternate may suit this nicely, but this will suffice. I know it wouldn't match the striping, but I would suggest both sets of numbers in orange with the white or black outline on the appropriate jersey. They look fine on the black, but the TV numbers look silly on the white sweater. Maybe a yoke outline could be added? I'm flying away with an 8.5 out of 10.

Dallas Stars (Jets96)


No kidding, an older look Stars in Bettman stripes. As much as the script jersey that were just retired fit those much better even though I thought they were awful sweaters, it does not fit here. For the numbers, I would like both sets of numbers in green with the white or black outline on the appropriate jersey - gold outlines may also work. Else-wise, this may seem like a generic concept to the untrained eye at first glance but it isn't. Maybe we could even test if replacing the gold with green and vice-versa. A 7 out of 10.

Florida Panthers (Jets96)


I like the enthusiasm on this one, but I need the panther breaking the hockey stick. Jets96 is correct in that Florida needs to better incorporate the yellow, but it isn't done the most aesthetic way on the road white only because of the colored in  matching hem and socks. I would like to see the TV numbers a might larger, but that doesn't take too much away from this concept. I've clawed out a 7.5 out of 10.

Atlanta Thrashers (Ben S.)


This particular uniform replaces the "ATLANTA" armstripe uniform and gives a matching home jersey to the road sweater. If I am to presume that this is done in MS Paint, it's an alright to above average job (better than I would have done for anything with this template). While I like the idea, I would like to see a back to this which might be coming at a later time and I can't judge that now. This uniform is missing TV numbers, unfortunately. Slap this stuff on in Illustrator, Paint.net, Photoshop, or any other software and it may be able to enhance the specific detail to it. A 7.5 out of 10.




This is the first of two in Bobby's "Ideal NHL" series. The only thing that significantly bothers me is the logo. Not that it's a roundel, not that it's Boston, but that it's too subtle for modern Bruins hockey. It actually is a slight down grade, but nothing too fancy is necessary. With the current logo or adding accents to the one on these jersey will do just fine. If the separating stripe is widened a little more on the road white to separate the bottom of the sleeve from the actual striping, then I actually wouldn't mind the black being there. A 7.5 out of 10.

Edmonton Oilers (Brandon C.)


The color arrangement for the stripes are what break this concept. While it looks great on the ancillary equipment, it doesn't go on the jersey except the number outline. I would switch the white and orange to trade places. That unique yoke outline gives this a brownie point for originality on a jersey part that is difficult to be innovative with as such few teams have personalized yokes. Despite the color arrangement of the striping, this can still  spring an 8 out of 10.

Ottawa Senators (Dylan W.)


As cool as these are, they look more like soccer jerseys with the faintness of some of the detail. Make all of those more visible - the double red, double gold and even a more distinguishable shade of gray. Simply put, a 9 out of 10.

Dallas Stars (Gerard)


I like the jerseys. I don't like the crest logo on the alternate, never have (I think I have seen it before on concepts) I keep finding myself baffled as to how Maurice is able to pull off his style of putting concepts together without duplicating someone else's concept. And this isn't even his best of today, but this one is pretty good too. The only couple things with this one are that the pants from the alternate should be the only pair and I need larger TV numbers. A 9 out of 10.

Carolina Hurricanes (Andy C.)

I understand why the warning flags are only on one jersey, but it doesn't match the home uniform. To be quite honest this is not a Canes concept. These will be the new Team Canada jerseys in 2016, with the necessary logo swapping of course. But I do like it and I would like to see them used over their newly released uniforms. An 8.5 out of 10

Minnesota Wild (Gerard)


This is not bad for another one of Gerard's works, this actually has the most probable potential of being produced of the concepts he has drawn up. I have been up and down with the wild and their look today it isn't too shabby. An 8.5 out of 10.

Buffalo Sabres (Bobby P.)

The striping was "ideal" for the 40th Anniversary alternates, and it is certainly ideal in this concept. Add a gold yoke outline to the to both jerseys even though there hasn't traditionally been one on the colored jersey. A 9 out of 10.

Tampa Bay Lightning (Gerard)


With this concept we yet a gain continue Gerard's "Edgifying the Nineties" collection and I love this one too, but it's not quite perfect. I need larger TV numbers. A welcomed 9.5 out of 10.

--------------------------------------------------------

Well now that the NBA Finals are over, there will be even more emphasis on how the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy in all of sports to win. Especially when this series has already broken the record for most Finals OT games. Anyway to you, I bid adieu until next week.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.