05 May 2022

A Hop, Skip, and a Jump Through Time

 I don't know how we got here, but the fact is: we got here. When I started, I was 20. A sophomore in college spring semester. As the years passed, I discovered in the same way that the big leaguers that are Sportslogos' Chris Creamer and HJC's Ryan Haslett how much of effort it would take with added responsibilities for only starting out as a hobby. Both have gone in a different direction while keeping pace to some degree with how they started. Things here aren't really any different. We added the MSP to have a documented archive of random events (hundreds of baseball scorecards not the least of which). I know the most recent five years hasn't been particularly as vibrant as when we started, but there are like many of you plenty of things diverting attention. Fast forward to today. I can say that a lot has changed and too much to note. I'm well to the extent of what I can control (that hasn't changed). But the experiences along the way have been extraordinary to say the least. We all dealt with the pandemic in the middle of it on top of everything. And just like that, we're at our tenth anniversary.

For those of you that have been around from the start, thanks for giving consideration to someone who was probably ahead of himself at the idea of such an undertaking. For the rest, I am equally excited that you've been able to share in this experience. I also have specific people that require thanks. To Ryan Haslett and Caden Patafie for allowing me to share my time at their sites as a writer. To our "impromptu" staff of Barry Ebua, Chuck Lane, and Brad Bauman. To those of you that gave submissions for observation, the regulars not the least of which. I've been able to even meet some of my colleagues in the design blogging world. Cheers to ten years and with hope to revive some life into this thing, have a day fam, have a day indeed! 


Best,                                                                       

Ricky Mazella                                                  

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.