14 January 2018

Chillin' in the Seychelles (I Wish)

A few years ago on the Big Footy forum was an Aussie rules design competition called the "Asia N' Africa League" which gets its name for the locations of bidding entries. I decided at that time my AAL entry would belong to the Seychelles. I then preceded to use local flora and fauna as well as infrastructure - my go to for choosing team monikers. I decided on the Tortoises of Seychelles being the official name. my entry was seemingly between substandard and average given that many of the six jumpers went all over the place trying to work with what I had had. Just a month ago, this was reintroduced under a different format with entries due before noon US Eastern tomorrow. For it, just a singular jumper was required and the kit maker and other sponsors were to be made up. The first is what I will consider the competing jumper to be as even the wave was asked to be removed.



At the advice of others from other competition boards, I dis-included my usual branding template. This jumper was originally an alternate from the first competition but of course many things are different. Most notably I used my own template as well as changed the numbers and replaced the country flag in place of the "SEY" abbreviation. While there are even more, those are relatively minor. It's too bad as of this post only six entries are actually ready and only two more are in progress, but it should still be a good event.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.