12 July 2016

The Crow Hop Dance

For the purpose of a new jersey concept, I sought to use something old with slight alterations. Though the AFL's Adelaide Crows aren't a hockey club, I wanted to take the re-brand I presented last year and put it to a jersey, but I felt the current logo didn't do it justice nor did I feel I could work on fitting it into a concept. The striping is not something unheard of in all of sport, but it's not found too often on a hockey jersey. Especially where it's cut in half. While I wasn't thinking of any pro team. The Minnesota Swarm jersey I received last week has that pattern across the arms except strictly in alternation.

.
However, I also thought that like the Swarm, I'd have to figure out how to make the TV numbers more visible. Instead of a single outline, I decided a double outline was more appropriate to help the cause. Between the Colorado Avs slternate lettering and the Buffalo Sabres cape numbers, it was a perfect mix of sharp angles and curvature to the respective fonts and works better than the font used in the original logo. It's not a collegiate representation, it it seems to work fairly decent here. But the striping only being used on the side would look better than all across the current home jumper. I might have to put that up to show the visual. We'll get there, but for now that's it.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.