20 July 2015

"Bye, Felicia!"

I'm not a particular fan of Keith Olbermann, but this is a shot at one of his quotes on his short-lived show that is ending this week Friday.

I knew of this as of half an hour ago: the NLL has another relocating franchise. Defending champions Edmonton will keep the Rush nickname as the go one province east to the city of Saskatoon, SK to be known as the Saskatchewan Rush out of the SaskTel Centre. This is what I understand will be introduced as the new logo. I will try to confirm them on Thursday.


This appears to be a very "rushed" logo, pun not intended, or rather "hurried: is a better way of putting it. While I do like the green, I don't know that it goes well with black and white though probably better than the silver. In addition I would have liked to see a new logo. The location name and "lacrosse club" font (called Viper Squadron Solid {I know it because I've had it on my laptop for a while for use in designing}) does not compliment the main script very well if at all.

As for the Georgia Swarm, I've recently visited their website and found that they will be renaming the mascot (Buzz) and is to be decided by a fan vote. I also discovered the revamped alternate logo.


All said and done, we still have the "two year" window that Commissioner Daniel discussed for expansion during the half-time at the Champions Cup final this year. I really hope Detroit is atop that list for old time's sake. The Swarm maybe should've wound up there . . .oh well a man can only dream.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.