27 July 2013

HJC Post: Celebrity Shot

     Just so that you guys know, I didn't actually post yesterday and haven't been able to get a head start on my HJC posts the past few weeks. But a relative passed away earlier this week as I mentioned and I was left to have several schedule changes yesterday. DBro Alexander, our regular Wednesday columnist at HJC was kind enough to cover for me.

*** The following is my post from a different site, please visit www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com for the article. ***

Friday: Better Late Than Never

Hey guys, it's me Ricky, and welcome to.... nah just kidding. It's me, Your favorite Wednesday writer, Dylan A. We don't know where Ricky is so someone had to post for today, and seeing as how I've had my fair share of late days, it's only fair I chip in and post on Ricky's behalf.

We have one COTW vote and the Semi Finals for the HJC Open.....So don't forget to vote, and that's obvious...

COTW July 15-21 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern)
HJC Open Semi-Finals voting (ends Sunday @ 6pm Eastern)

And now onto the concepts!

Calgary Flames Concept - (Caleb F.)
Pretty simple design for the Flames from Caleb. After seeing some of the busy nonsense they've been wearing for awhile, I, and hopefully everyone else, is hoping a simple redesign, like this, is in their near future. It'd be nice to see the back of the jerseys and theTV numbers look odd. I'd put them in the normal spot down the arm.

Rating: 7/10


Seattle Metropolitans WIHL Concept - (Dylan W.) 
I like when our artists start series or fake leagues, and Mr. Wonka has a really good one going so far. I really like the work he's done with the logos. I'm not so sure about the wavy circles but still though, the hockey sticks going up into the needle is great! The jerseys are also very well done. I'm glad he stayed away from using the wavy lines in the jersey design.

Rating: 9/10 COTW NOM from one Dylan to another!


Montreal Canadiens Alternate Jersey Concept - (Frank C.)
Frank gives the Habs a blue jersey, something I wouldn't be opposed to seeing. It's different seeing the leaf on the front, which I would feel should be left off the front of the jersey unless it were red. Too close to the Leafs for my taste.

Rating: 7.5/10


Washington Capitals Concept - (Jack H.)
Jack gives the Caps a new set of jerseys sans vertical arm stripes. Actually now that I look at it, the jersey designs look to be based off of the current socks. The white stripe on the red should be thicker though. I'd rather the set look like the white jersey. The red jersey looks rather boring.

Rating: 7.5/10


Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL) Concept - (Jake88)
It appears that our friend Jake has moved out of Europe and moved onto the Q. It's interesting to see the horned template without its horns. The yoke is especially interesting. I can't say I like it though. The rest of the striping is good though, I'd leave the yoke blank.

Rating: 7/10


As it starts storming pretty good in my neck of the woods I need to get this post done quick so I can post it before my power goes out of something!

Ottawa 67's (OHL) Concept - (Kyle C.)
We have another juniors concept, but this time it's the 67's! Big and bold. That's what these jerseys are all about. The O in the logo is big and bold, so the striping is too! I really like it, especially the squared off yokes. It fits in well with the logo and it's angled on the corners. 

Rating:8.5/10


Buffalo Sabres New Alternate Concept - (Stephane S.)
Stephane has a guess as to what the new Sabres alternate will look like, or at least what he wants it to look like. It's definitely interesting with the white arm bands. The different colored collar and the yoke going under the collar are really interesting and something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Rating: 7/10


Ottawa Senators Concept - (Tyler G. - HJC.)
We'll end today's post with a concept from HJC's own, Tyler. Tyler returns the Sens to something very simple, and reminiscent of their early jerseys, something that would be nice to actually see happen. I love the use of the 2D logo and the "O" on the shoulders. It'd be nice if the "O" was white on the red jersey to stick out better. 

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.