05 December 2014

Ducks But Don't Cover

In the event that the Ducks promoted their most recent thirds to home kits and added a corresponding road white, I used that as inspiration for a new third. This however accomplishes several things. First is that there is another orange jersey and with the "OC" patch (Stadium Series). Second is that it has wide stripes with TV numbers in them as well as the laces (last Mighty Ducks era alternate). Finally, the wordmark is used for the crest (the new old home/road kits).


This was the end result. It is simple and not overpowering though the orange is a little bold of a statement. I also added the front number to make the front look fuller. I am very happy how my envisionment of such a jersey turned out. One of my best works I think. If only some of my others were as such. I think this is a step in the right direction but not necessarily the right alternate for the Ducks to adopt.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.