19 March 2017

Go Time

As part of the trohpy catalogue for my fantasy hockey league, I didn't want to use any old ESPN generated image. And while I thought about a photo from a trophy-making company, I decided to stick with one of the best trophies in sports: I'll let you see which one in particular for yourself in a second. I am expecting to cap of the season with a win to decide whether it is I or my opponent who gets our version of the President's Trophy. I am up 85 points and appear to be in control, barring a miracle to reverse the result.


Yes, the Calder Cup is the tankard in question. The Brier Tankard and the Philip Anschutz Trophy (aka MLS Cup) both contend in this category just to name some. As it were, this was not chosen because it is a hockey trophy, but rather the multi-tiered-ness that the other two do not have pronounced. I'm looking forward to all of this, having won 12 of my last 13, so that is great news.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.