08 March 2016

We're the Eagles, Purple Eagles

As I have over the years, I was trying to find a good version of the NU Purple Eagles logo without the "NU". And boy I finally found it! The hockey team in particular has always had a sharp look on the ice. That has continued in recent years. The logo has always puzzled me in the fifteen years of it's use. But I have figured it out to be an acceptable look. Though I do like the set this institution has now, the logo has allowed me to provide concepts more freely.


The striping remains unchanged, which is to me the basis of the uniforms. I kept the Rangers road yoke and the laces and returned the diagonal "Niagara" across the chest. These to me are traditional elements in an NU uniform. The design for the pants however is entirely new, to include the corresponding design to they yoke as said Rangers team. Given that, you have a solid concept but whether this is the best option, the alternate certainly would not qualify, but that's why it's an alternate and why they stick with black uniforms on the road. But it all averages out to an appropriate level not overly traditional but not outside the box much if at all while it is neither prefect nor completely lousy. But you can soar on the idea if you really like it.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.