17 October 2013

Macedonian Makeover - Sort Of

You may or may not recall that Jake88 asked me to put some sort of Yakball concept together regarding Skopje, MK or the Republic itself. Since I've sent mine in to him, he decided to put something together himself. Here's how it looks.


I like these a lot - they incorporate everything Macedonia, present and modern past. The socks even have a design to them. I wouldn't mind adding black into the color scheme (some of the teams add orange for some strange reason) at least for the numbers on the front of the yellow uniform. I see he also did his homework - including the lion rampant in a shield logo used instead of the traditional round sun for the "crveni lavovi" (literally the 'red lions'). The only problem is that the name on the back reads Matsedonia (transliteration) where it should read Makedonija (or Македонија) but that's okay for the first go at it because they don't use all of the Cyrillic characters unlike the Russians in particular and that I'm guessing is not as experienced as I am in Macedonian Cyrillic literature (hey, there's a first time for everything). I really do appreciate the effort though!


He also went to the extent of creating a jersey set for the Evansville Icemen, who HCI's Caden Patafie is employed by (I'm not sure if it's volunteer or paid). Anyway, I see that good use of the new Sabres template is being properly utilized. That for sure is a good start. He also added cuffs from the HJC "Drag 'n' Drop" feature. That's a good thing because that makes the rest of the template look better than the original, but I'm not quite a fan of these particular cuffs. The addition of the name plate is the best of all to this template! I think this is also the first time in a while that I've seen his glove template in multicolor - in this case it matches perfectly. Well done all around.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.